1. What is Sex Work?
Sex work is a service that requires a mutual agreement between two adult people in their full legal capacity. Without permission and agreement this is not sex work, but sexual abuse and sexual exploitation.
We clearly differ between voluntary sex work as a normal social reality and human trafficking and forced prostitution.
2. How does our online counselling work?
Online counselling is about you and us finding a solution together in a protected digital space. We don´t need to meet in person.
Depending on your needs and wishes, online counselling can take place in form of e-mail, single chat or group counselling.
You can send us an e-mail and use any e-mail address. This way you can make sure you stay anonymous if you want to.
3. Professionalization through Peer-to-Peer Support
The peer-to-peer support is a service offered by sex workers for sex workers.
We want to enable sex workers to learn from sex workers and get peer-to-peer advice and support. There are always workshops/seminars on professionalization, which we organise in collaboration with professionals.
If you have any questions or want to check on the exact dates, please write or call us.
4. ProstSchG (German Prostitutes Protection Act)
Prostitutes Protection Act in German: BMFSFJ – Prostituiertenschutzgesetz
Information for sex workers available in different languages: (BG, EN, FR, RO, RU, SP): Prostituiertenschutzgesetz – Infos rund um das ProstSchG
Question & Answers Prostitutes Protection Act: Infos für SexarbeiterInnen – Fragen & Antworten Prostituiertenschutzgesetz
5. Fighting against Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking (§ 232 StGB) and its other forms of exploitation (forced prostitution, forced labour as well as exploitation of manpower and exploitation through deprivation of liberty – §§ 232a to 233a StGB) are serious criminal offences.
The Act to improve the fight against Human Trafficking and to amend the Federal Central Register Law as well as the Eight Book of the Social Code (Das Gesetz zur Verbesserung der Bekämpfung des Menschenhandels und zur Änderung des Bundeszentralregistergesetzes und des Achten Buches Sozialgesetzbuch) has entered into force on 15th october 2016: Microsoft Word – 0464-16 (bundestag.de)
6. Is there centralized information on other counselling centres for sex workers and other sex work specific topics nationwide?
- There is the Informationsseite zum Thema Zwangsprostitution (information page on forced prostitution) with reporting possibilities and assistance.
- cara.nrw for instance provides important multilingual information on registration/health insurance etc.
- Big Sister – Anonyme Hilfe und Support von und für Escorts is an information page of Kaufmich.com and provides information on professionalization of sex work
- Roter Stöckelschuh (Red High Heel) is an initiative of the Bundesverband für erotische und sexuelle Dienstleistungen e.V. and gives advice about sex worker friendly doctors, tax consultants etc.
- at smart-berlin.org you find the professionalisation and empowerment
video project for male and trans sex workers as well as their contact data
- On the webpage of bufas e.V., the Bündnis der Fachberatungsstellen für Sexarbeiterinnen und Sexarbeiter for example, you can find an overview of counselling centres for sex worker
7. My question is not listed as one of your themes. Can I still get in touch with you?
Of course! Simply ask us and we gladly discuss the possibilities with you.